Norma Shearer accepting her Best Actress award for The Divorcee, 1930.
Thought to be “the first American film actress to make it chic and acceptable to be single and not a virgin onscreen”— she is widely celebrated as one of cinema’s feminist pioneers.
- florencecraye likes this
- happymining reblogged this from lifejustgotawkward
- happymining likes this
- lifejustgotawkward reblogged this from classichollywooddreams
- island-in-the-shadows likes this
- lolableu reblogged this from classichollywooddreams
- classickat likes this
- martinslewis likes this
- classichollywooddreams posted this